Request a free annual credit report from www.freecreditreport.gov today. It is the only official source of reliable and accurate credit report that is free of charge.
The FTC or Federal Trade Commission was established in the year 1914 and since then, it has protected consumers from fraud, deception and unfair business practices. In partner with three of the most trustworthy credit assessment firms in the country (Equifax, Experian and TransUnion), the FTC has made it possible for consumers to request a free credit report online, by phone or by mail. Find out more on freecreditreport.gov.
More About FreeCreditReport
AnnualCreditReport.com aims to provide consumers a safe and easy way to get a free annual credit report under the federal law. Each consumer may request an assessment from Equifax, Experian or TransUnion once every year for whatever purpose he or she sees fit.
In this way, FTC is able to protect consumers from any form of fraud and prevent anticompetitive mergers and business practices in the industry. Moreover, keeping a close eye on your credit report will help you monitor your payment history and correct any errors before it gets out of hand. To avoid becoming a victim of fraud or any illegal financial activity, make it a habit to check your credit report annually.
Requesting for a Free Credit Report is a quick and hassle-free process; make sure you take the time to do it! In addition, having an updated credit report in hand makes applying for a loan, insurance or employment much more convenient.
How to Request for a Free Annual Credit Report
Things you will need to begin your request:
- A computer that is connected to the internet.
- You need to have some of your personal information ready – name, birthdate, current address and Social Security number.
Steps in filing your request:
- On http://www.freecreditreport.gov, look for the link of AnnualCreditReport.com and click on it. Of course, you have the option to request for your free review via phone and mail too.
- Indicate the state you live in before clicking on ‘Request Report’.
- The next page will require you to type in your personal information (name, birthdate, address and Social Security number). After entering the information on their respective fields, click on ‘Continue’.
- Indicate if you want to get all three reports at once or if you’re filing for just one request. Click on ‘Next’ to proceed.
- Answer the following security questions and follow the remaining instructions on the next page to successfully file your request.
- Go over the free credit report provided to check for errors. If everything looks accurate, you may print a copy by simply clicking on the button that says ‘Print’.
- Refer to the FAQ page: https://www.annualcreditreport.com/cra/helpfaq for further queries.
A credit report is an important requisite for many things including a loan application and a job application. If you want to get a free copy of your annual credit report, you may file a request at AnnualCreditReport.com. The process is very safe and easy and you will get your copy in no time!