A specialty retailer of pet food, live animals, supplies and services, Petco operates more than 1,000 pet stores in all 50 states and the District of Columbia. In 2006, private equity firms Texas Pacific Group and Leonard Green & Partners took the company private. The company was founded in 1986 by Jim and Janice Dougherty.Brad Weston is the CEO of Petco Animal Supplies, Inc. PetSmart sells pet food and pet supplies in over 1,400 stores. It also offers in-store services including pet adoption, boarding, grooming, and training. In March 2015 a group of private equity firms led by BC Partners took the company private in a deal worth $8.7 billion.
How to Check Job Availability on MyPetcoCareer
If you like animals and are interested in starting a career with Petco, please refer to the following information:
- Search for the link that says ‘Job Search’ on the upper right corner of the portal. Use it to get to the search page.
- On the search page, you will see a list of job postings that are currently available on Petco. The title, schedule, and location are also provided.
- Choose an appropriate job that suits you the best.
- However, if you want to look for a specific job, use the search area found on the left-hand side.
- Enter the required information and hit the ‘Search’ button to proceed.
Career Opportunities Offered by My Petco Career
- Store Partner
- Store Manager
- Dog Trainer
- Pet Salon
- Distribution Center
For example, if you have experience in management and have a genuine interest in promoting animal welfare, then you can apply for the store management team. These are the following job positions that you can pursue under this category:
- Store Leader
- Guest Experience Leader
- Merchandise Operations Leader
- Companion Animal Leader
For answers to commonly asked questions, please refer to the FAQs page. Simply use the appropriate link on the upper right corner of the portal to access the page. You can also follow Petco on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter to get regular updates about the company’s activities and events. To speak with a customer service specialist, feel free to call 1-877-738-6742.